Date effective/ updated: 1st July 2019
This policy describes how The Small Business Warehouse / The Small Business Finder (“SBF” “We” “Us”) collects, uses, shares, and secures information on our owned and operated websites, mobile applications and other properties, as well as the services we use to communicate with consumers and to facilitate communications between consumers and the businesses who advertise with us. Although you should read through the entire policy for complete information, the following provides a summary of some of the most important aspects of our privacy practices:
• We use your personally-identifiable information to provide you with products, services, and information, including more relevant search results and advertising and to make sharing with others quicker and easier, while enabling you to maintain control of that sharing.
• We may share your personally-identifiable information with third parties in some situations, such as if you decide to communicate with a company that advertises through our application.
• We are committed to working with you to reach the right balance of what information we collect, use, and share, by providing you with ways to control information that we collect, through our opt-out mechanisms.
• We take reasonable measures to secure your sensitive personally-identifiable information, but we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your sensitive personally-identifiable information will remain secure in all circumstances.
What information we collect
When we use the term “information” we are referring to both personally-identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information that we collect about you. “Personally-identifiable information” refers to information that personally identifies you, or can reasonably be linked to you by us. Personally-identifiable information can either be “sensitive” or “non-sensitive.” “Sensitive personally-identifiable information” refers to information that is generally considered confidential such as your financial account number, billing information, social security number, and precise location. “Non-sensitive personally-identifiable information” refers to information that is generally not considered confidential such as your name, date of birth, mail or email address, telephone number, friends’ name or email address if you choose to refer them to us, general geographic information (e.g., your city or state), account preferences, and business information. “Non-personally-identifiable information” refers to information that does not specifically identify you, or has been processed so as to effectively prevent your identification, and may include data associated with a particular computer or device you are using that does not personally identify you.
How do we use Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with products, services, information, and advertisements that match your interests and preferences. For example, we may use this information to fulfill your order, respond to your inquiries, administer your account, send marketing, assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and/or advertising, improve our website and marketing, conduct research, display content based upon your interests, allow you to search information on our site, and/or list you in our search and directory services. We do this on behalf of ourselves and the businesses which advertise with us. We also use traffic data received through our technologies, in conjunction with third-party demographic and interest-based data, to provide services to our Customers such as tools to see how their website or mobile applications are used.
How we collect information
We collect information from you by asking that you provide it to us on-line, through a mobile application or device or via other means by which we communicate with you. We also collect information when you choose to communicate with us or when you choose to utilize our services to communicate with other users of our services or with the businesses who advertise with us. We also collect information about your interactions with third-party websites and applications that use our technologies, and may combine the information we collect about you with additional demographic and interest-based data from third-party providers. This may include:
a. Identification data (e.g. name, username, password, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address);
b. Profile information (e.g. age, gender, country of residence, language preference);
c. Products or services ordered and delivered;
d. List of your contacts and related data
e. The content of any communications you choose to have with us or with any of our other users or advertisers via the services we make available (e.g. reviews, e-mails, instant messages, user-generated content, etc.); and
f. Data from surveys/events in which you participate.
We may also collect information from you automatically. For instance, we, like many websites and applications, automatically collect information including the computer or wireless device you use, unique device identifier, location data, the type of browser and operating system that you use, the internet provider or wireless carrier you use, the webpages or applications you view, the time and duration of your visits, the search queries that you enter, and how you interact with advertising. Among other things, we use the following technologies to automatically collect information:
• SBF and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics or service providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts and tags. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies.
• “Unique Identifiers” are unique strings of characters that are used to identify you, your computer, or your mobile device. Such identifiers may be preset on your computer or mobile device. We may use unique identifiers to recognize you when you visit our sites or use our mobile applications.
• We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
• “Local Shared Objects,” “LSO’s,” or “Flash Cookies” are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website use Flash cookies to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove them.
• We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
• “Telephone Caller ID” refers to information automatically transmitted about you when you call someone. If you call a telephone number that we have provided to you, your caller ID may be recorded. Most telephone providers will, upon request, block your caller ID. Such services may not always be effective if you choose to call a pay-per-call (900) or toll-free number.
• “Web beacons” or “clear pixels” are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
• A “web server log” is a record of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
• A “widget” is a program or application that can be embedded in a web page or mobile application. Widgets can provide real-time information, such as stock quotes or weather reports, or take information, such as restaurant reservations or online food orders. Widgets are often provided and hosted by a third party, and may allow that third party to collect data about users viewing that page or interacting with that widget, possibly subject to privacy policies other than SBW’s. We also use Social Media Features such as the Facebook Like button. In addition to information you fill in, these features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
• You can log in to our site using “sign-in services” such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personally-identifiable information with us, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form, or to post information to your account.
• “Geo-location technologies” refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide precise location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information in order to provide you with relevant services in your area.
• We may also automatically use information from your web server or computer to determine general location information, such as the city in which you live.
In addition to information that we collect from you, we may collect information about you from third parties for purposes such as ad targeting, optimization and reporting.
With whom do we share
How do we secure information
We take our commitment to securing personally-identifiable information in our possession seriously. When you provide your credit card number or a social security number we protect your information during transmission and storage through the use of encryption. We also encrypt sensitive data such as geo-location information in transmission. For other types of information, we use reasonable measures to help prevent the information from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. No security measures are perfect and we cannot promise that the information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
What privacy choices do you have
We provide you with the following information management choices. If you do not wish to be listed on SBW or our other brands you can click here. Revising Your Information. If your personally-identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update, or delete information about you, or ask that it be removed from public forums such as directories, blogs, or testimonials by logging in and viewing your user profile (e.g., the “My Account” link on smallbizfinder.com) or by contacting us at the email address, telephone number, or mailing address indicated below. If you have previously consented to the use of your location data as outlined within this policy, you may opt out at the device level. We attempt to respond to your requests within 30 days. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally-identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Behaviourally Targeted Advertising. Behaviourally targeted advertising refers to the use of information about you to provide advertising that is tailored to your interests. We participate in several types of behaviourally targeted advertising. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising that is tailored to you, you have the following options:
Advertising Provided by Other Companies Using Information Collected on our websites or Applications. If you do not want third parties who collect information about your use of our website or applications to tailor any of the advertising that you see, you can opt-out by contacting us.
How Do We Communicate With You.
SBW may communicate with you in a variety of different ways. The following describes some of your options concerning how we communicate with you: Email Marketing From SBW If you do not want to receive emails from us about products or services that we offer, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive. Please note that if you choose to opt-out we may still send you non-marketing email. For example, we may send you email about a specific product or service that you request, we may respond to a message from you, or we may send you email about the terms and conditions of our websites. If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list. Telephone Marketing From SBW If you do not want to receive telephone calls about products or services that we offer, you can “opt-out” from receiving most telephone marketing calls by contacting us . If you do not want to receive text messages from us about products or services that we offer, you can “opt-out” from receiving such texts by text messaging the word STOP on reply. Please note that text messaging charges by your carrier may apply to these types of communications.